Students with learning needs benefit from individualized plans so why shouldn’t they have them when they are planning their careers? I aspire to help young adults and their families set up the best plan for pursuing both short and long-term life and work goals.
- Developing Goal d and timelines for the long and short term
- Assistance and coaching in job search and application process
- Strategies to support working memory and executive functioning skills
- Creating a budget and/or make a savings goal
- Interview preperation and social skills coaching
- Determine accommodations or “flexibility” they need within a job and/or classroom
- Family consultation on how to grow/support independent living skills
FAQ’s to find success at a job:
- What job environment is the best fit?
- How does my current skills set match up with what my career goals are?
- How can one avoid the barriers that set one up to fail and possibly give up?
- What extra training will set me up for success?
- What is the best way to get/give feedback?
- When and how should I share that I have a learning disability?