Students with learning needs benefit from individualized learning plans, so why shouldn’t they have similar plans when they start their careers? I advise young adults and their families as they plan for both short- and long-term life and work goals.
- Developing short and long-term goals and timelines
- Assistance and coaching in job search and application process
- Strategies to support working memory and executive functioning skills
- Creating a budget and/or making a savings goal
- Interview preperation and social skills coaching
- Determine any accommodations or flexibility needed within a job
- Family consultation on how to support independent living skills
FAQs to find success at a job:
- What job environment is the best fit?
- Do my current skills set match with my career goals?
- How can I overcome workplace barriers related to my learning needs?
- What extra training will set me up for success?
- What is the best way to provide and receive feedback?
- When and how should I share with an employer that I have a learning disability?