My mission is to help coach children and adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities, so that they can reach their academic, life, and/or career goals. I am a seasoned professional with an M.A. in Special Education with many years of experience working to advocate and support people with disabilities to become independent and successful.
My philosophy is to prevent learned helplessness by empowering the people I coach by focusing on:
- Self-awareness of current skill set and strength ( emotional and intellectual)
- Self-awareness and reflection of skills they need to continue to grow
- Understanding how to advocate for what they need in various situations
- Breaking down long-term goals into “stepping stones” and short-term goals
- Developing and maintaining a growth mindset
- Understanding social nuance and demonstrating confidence in interviews, presentations, etc.